Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: IB's Moochy Legal Counsel Fund

Sorry to hear about that man, I would love help you out but that's not even remotely feasible for me at this point as well. My sister had to have a Brain tumor removed and she was in the hospital for almost 2 months with complications, she came out fully recovered and she got double pneumonia that that almost caused congestive heart failure, but finally she's back to normal. But then our mother who's been suffering from mild demetia for the last 8 years condition has started to deteriorate and we've been in and out of the hospital with her for the last 2 years as well, UTI's dehydration every other day its something new, she's been in a nursing facility for the last month and will get out and go back home in about a week. So all the bills for that stuff what their insurance won't cover has been piling up. Add to that, I had to replace the air conditioning in my house, get a new stove, fix the plumbing and I've been sued twice in the last 2 years for not paying my credit card bills, so I'm currently on a debt settlement package. All the while because I have to help first with my sister and now helping my sister with our mother, I have no job.

Thankfully I keep anyone I date at arm's length and never let them get too entralled with me, I know that's a little harsh, but my nephew had his crazy ex threaten his life n multiple occasions and since I'm drawn to clingy broken things to start with, I always have my guard up expecting them to go haywire on me. Thankfully I've avoided having any kids, since I hate kids that's a plus, and thankfully my OCD never lets me forget to wear protection. Not to sound like I'm some cold asshole, I'm not, I'm just appropritely distant enough with anyone I date. Because I got way too invested in the girl I dated in my early 20's and when we broke up it devastated me. So I really feel for you and hope for the best, Good Luck Cory.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumsfeld View Post
    Tough one, all around IB.

Are you unwavering on the point I added in bold? If you are, I totally get it.

But given the fact you were told you are legally off the hook (which I'm not convinced is accurate, although I'm certainly no expert), maybe this is something perhaps that time can sooth, where you might still be able to contribute to the child in some capacity you're comfortable with, without the necessity of legal obligation to do so?

Not sure if that is practical, etc. But reading through this, that was the first thing that went through my head if I found myself in similar circumstances.

Whatever the case, I hope this works out for the best to your satisfaction.

Yeah, unfortunately. You're definitely not the only person to suggest I take her deal to at least cover my ass for now (as, no, I'm not quite "off the hook" unless I do sign her document to permanently waive my rights, & with them, responsibilities...but of course the downside there is no backsies) but, surprisingly enough, my wife has been the biggest supporter of me forging ahead with this. Even though it means nothing but headache for her and her family and means having to explain this whole mess to our son at some point, she recognizes that I'm not the kind of man that can walk away from this. Attempting to would be a ticking mental health time bomb, for me, and she recognized as much and has been urging me to see it through even though it means she has to scramble to lawyer up herself and decide if divorcing me is the best thing for her to do (in case Logan twists it around to start aggressively suing for backdated paternity, I'm not even sure if that's a thing) to protect her own financial interests as separate from my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe View Post
    Maybe set up a "go fund me" page, you may find luck there.
    Yeah but that would be just straight up strangers, wouldn't it? Like just random people whom I'd need to convince thoroughly of the worthiness of my cause with a short "pitch"? (hell, look at how miserably I failed to pare it down to broad strokes in the OP...blew clear past the character limit )

I mean, you guys are strangers on the internet, but you're also not. You're my strangers. Nahmsayin?

...but not a bad thought, I'll check it out. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by moparfan View Post
    IB, check your PM on ESB
    Replied to you on there.

Quote Originally Posted by CST80 View Post
    Sorry to hear about that man, I would love help you out but that's not even remotely feasible for me at this point as well. My sister had to have a Brain tumor removed and she was in the hospital for almost 2 months with complications, she came out fully recovered and she got double pneumonia that that almost caused congestive heart failure, but finally she's back to normal. But then our mother who's been suffering from mild demetia for the last 8 years condition has started to deteriorate and we've been in and out of the hospital with her for the last 2 years as well, UTI's dehydration every other day its something new, she's been in a nursing facility for the last month and will get out and go back home in about a week. So all the bills for that stuff what their insurance won't cover has been piling up. Add to that, I had to replace the air conditioning in my house, get a new stove, fix the plumbing and I've been sued twice in the last 2 years for not paying my credit card bills, so I'm currently on a debt settlement package. All the while because I have to help first with my sister and now helping my sister with our mother, I have no job.

Thankfully I keep anyone I date at arm's length and never let them get too entralled with me, I know that's a little harsh, but my nephew had his crazy ex threaten his life n multiple occasions and since I'm drawn to clingy broken things to start with, I always have my guard up expecting them to go haywire on me. Thankfully I've avoided having any kids, since I hate kids that's a plus, and thankfully my OCD never lets me forget to wear protection. Not to sound like I'm some cold asshole, I'm not, I'm just appropritely distant enough with anyone I date. Because I got way too invested in the girl I dated in my early 20's and when we broke up it devastated me. So I really feel for you and hope for the best, Good Luck Cory.

Hell man, you don't have to excuse yourself. Like I said, no expectations whatsoever. Besides, you are swimming in shit of your own.

Best of luck to you & yours as well.

Oh and
    I'm drawn to clingy broken things to start with

WTF!!! Me too! Why?!?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
    Hell man, you don't have to excuse yourself. Like I said, no expectations whatsoever. Besides, you are swimming in shit of your own.

Best of luck to you & yours as well.
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
    Oh and

WTF!!! Me too! Why?!?!?!?!?
    I always have been and no fucking clue as to why.
    I'm not sure if it's a good character trait or not. But depending on the person it can be a blessing or a curse, usually the latter more than the former.

Maybe its because of our Metalhead temperament we're drawn to the underdog and like trying to fix the unfixable. I don't know, beats the fuck out of me.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I always have been and no fucking clue as to why.
    I'm not sure if it's a good character trait or not. But depending on the person it can be a blessing or a curse, usually the latter more than the former.

Maybe its because of our Metalhead temperament we're drawn to the underdog and like trying to fix the unfixable. I don't know, beats the fuck out of me.

And now you see why I support KINGPIN...!!!

For pennies a day you can either help feed fat-ass Sally Struthers, or help IB...!!!

Dilemmas Dilemmas Dilemmas...!!!

Y'all sound like a bunch of Douche Bags to me. The 3 of you deserve whatever happens to you. However, the Baby doesn't. This is wrong on so many levels it's ludicrous. The fuck is wrong with you?