Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many Films do you watch a year approximately?

I don't understand how anyone could get addicted to films how is that even possible. How can you sit there maintaining enthusiasm when there is so many mediocre/average films.

i prefer tv series. it has to be a very good film for me to waste my time on it.

oh its a dino bashing thread. yeh dino watches more films than his paki friend gungadin carries water. disgrace.

Not enough. Life gets in the way. And when I do watch something these days, it always seems to be a revisit of something fairly light and relatively fluffy that I haven't seen since I was a kid (case in point, Turner & Hooch last night).

Quote Originally Posted by Doorewaad and Schutte View Post
    I don't understand how anyone could get addicted to films how is that even possible. How can you sit there maintaining enthusiasm when there is so many mediocre/average films.
    Well, there are ways to narrow the odds of seeing something deeply unworthy of your time. Discrimination is a good thing, despite what a neoliberal will tell you.

A few years ago I decided to get through IMDB's top 100 (something like 20 to go). It's been a very rewarding exercise actually. Last few I watched were: The Usual Suspects (ending sadly spoiled already but still a tremendous watch, especially for Del Toro), Rear Window (The best I've seen from Hitchcock so far) and It's A Wonderful Life (quite heartwarming in its way).