Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Downfall of boxing In america

  1. #1 Downfall of boxing In america 
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,135
    I'll post it here bexuase it won't last on the norm forum but I'll give my breakdown as to why there has been a downfall in America

    Reasons

    1. Increased competition -main reason ee is now competiting in the pros and the sport is more globalised however a lot of top boxing nations still haven't been going pro eg Ukraine,azwribajian ,Kazakhstan Ireland etc. This IMO is responsible for 95℅ of the downfall of boxing in america too much competition. Gone are the days of most divisions just being Americans and a handful of western Europeans now we have fighters from all over the world.

    2. Lack of investment in grassroots boxing - america no longer puts a lot of money into its amateur system because its not winning medals . the woman's team were able to sign one of the best boxing trainers in the world in billy Walsh because they get funding because they win medals and the men's team don't get as much. Also lack of investment in local boxing and no centralised plan for amauter boxing I. The USA. The fans we see on this forum really don't help with there attitude either 'AM's don't mean shit' is a mantra in America now and I find it funny because it this attitude that is destroying american boxing

    3. Drug testing - although its Stoll poor in the states I think this is making an impact. Mosley,holyfield,Jones,toney and Floyd and most of Americas top fighters over the last 25 years have some drugs cloud over them

    Anyone got any other reasons?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    166
    Good thread.

    Although drug testing is number 1, followed by increased competition being number 2, and lack of investment number 3 (the first 2 have have lead directly to number 3 as no kids imagination are being captured because their boxers are shit, and all that being fans of Broner and Mayweather is going to do is lead to more classroom massacres)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    ARKANSAS
    Posts
    3
    If i may add, researching the topic boxing sends you to several sites showing how to become a boxing instructor which makes me think this may be hard to find, and receive proper serious training. Yes, I could see how boxers could be considered bad if its that easy to qualify to train someone. I am very nervous to start training now.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by JOLINDA View Post
    If i may add, researching the topic boxing sends you to several sites showing how to become a boxing instructor which makes me think this may be hard to find, and receive proper serious training. Yes, I could see how boxers could be considered bad if its that easy to qualify to train someone. I am very nervous to start training now.
    If you are a Yank, you probably have a glass jaw, so I wouldn't bother if I was you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Damager View Post
    I'll post it here bexuase it won't last on the norm forum but I'll give my breakdown as to why there has been a downfall in America

    Reasons

    1. Increased competition -main reason ee is now competiting in the pros and the sport is more globalised however a lot of top boxing nations still haven't been going pro eg Ukraine,azwribajian ,Kazakhstan Ireland etc. This IMO is responsible for 95℅ of the downfall of boxing in america too much competition. Gone are the days of most divisions just being Americans and a handful of western Europeans now we have fighters from all over the world.

    2. Lack of investment in grassroots boxing - america no longer puts a lot of money into its amateur system because its not winning medals . the woman's team were able to sign one of the best boxing trainers in the world in billy Walsh because they get funding because they win medals and the men's team don't get as much. Also lack of investment in local boxing and no centralised plan for amauter boxing I. The USA. The fans we see on this forum really don't help with there attitude either 'AM's don't mean shit' is a mantra in America now and I find it funny because it this attitude that is destroying american boxing

    3. Drug testing - although its Stoll poor in the states I think this is making an impact. Mosley,holyfield,Jones,toney and Floyd and most of Americas top fighters over the last 25 years have some drugs cloud over them

    Anyone got any other reasons?
    Who knows really, for decades the city of New York controlled all the titles, there was an Australian version of the world title in at least one division because of this fact, my point being that so many great fighters were and still are not recognised by Americans. Young Griffo won the world featherweight title in 1892 or thereabouts but somehow one day despite still never losing his belt in a ring suddenly an American held the title. Ever since then right up until the 1950's we had a distorted picture, boxing was always big in Australia, Britain, Europe (excluding the iron curtain) yet all the great ones were denied title shots and were messed about even though at many times there were two bodies handing out belts both were based in the USA.... so perhaps US fighters were protected by this to a larger degree than already known. Having said all this I still believe that the USA has produced at least 50 per cent of all the greatest fighters ever and the rest of the world has had to share out the other %50. I can name many very good Australian boxers who never got a title shot and one who was the greatest ever Aussie has had all recognition of his Australian version of the middleweight title stripped after death, I need not name him, if you have to ask who that was you know very little about great old time fighters.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
    If you are a Yank, you probably have a glass jaw, so I wouldn't bother if I was you.
    Hans you are just stirring the yanks up now be a good boy.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Foods stamps, section 8, IPhones and flat screen tvs in the living rooms of every apartment in the Henry Horner Homes.....ie the PJs......

    Poor american kids live life better than rich Eastern Euro kids these days.

    NO HUNGER
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •